The clinic at St George’s Church in Baghdad is a place where people can receive all the medical care they need, completely free of charge.
The clinic is for all people; it turns nobody away.
- Around 2,000 patients come to the clinic every month at no cost.
- If a patient needs major surgery, St George’s will try and find a way to pay for it.
- The clinic includes a dentist, a pharmacy and our own laboratory.
- The staff at the clinic include Christians and both Sunni and Shia Muslims.
- It costs approximately £12,000 a month to keep the St George’s clinic operating.
Your donation to support the work of the clinic can make a real difference to the lives of many families and individuals in Baghdad.
In a country blighted by corruption, inefficiency and sectarian division, St George’s seeks to serve others in a practical way. In offering services for no payment St George’s clinic can bypass any opportunity for funds to be mishandled and people to be denied treatment for financial reasons.
Our aim is for the clinic at St George’s to be a beacon of medical excellence through unity as our medical team includes Christian, Sunni and Shia staff – all local Iraqis – who want to see their community reconciled. They serve side-by-side to provide free care for everyone, equally.
Patients can see the doctor, a dentist, have lab tests and collect presciption medicine, all at one place on the same day. Even the local hospital now refers patients to us.