As Jordan continues to host the 2nd largest number of refugees relative to the size of its population – 9% of its inhabitants are now refugees (UNHCR*) – FRRME is providing hope to Iraqi Christians through relief and education classes with your help.
In the past month 1,000 food packages were distributed to Iraqi Christian refugee families in Amman and Madaba, and new evening classes teaching English are now being provided by our local church partners.
- As well as the English language, classes in cooking, sewing, woodworking and computer skills have now been set up to equip and train Christian Iraqi refugees.
- Children’s bible study classes for kindergarten, elementary school and teens in Fuheis.
- Transportation is provided for refugees to attend classes.
- 100% of our aid relief to refugees in Jordan is to Iraqi Christians
- As refugees they are not permitted to obtain paid employment, despite many having previously owned businesses in Iraq.
Michael and Theresa are an elderly Christian couple originally from Mosul.
Michael and Theresa ran a restaurant in Mosul but Sunni extremists bombed it in 2008. They went to Qaraqosh but fled when Islamic State came in 2014. They managed to get to Jordan have lost everything, including their life savings and pension (the bank in Iraq will not give them their money because they are Christian). Thanks to you, we are supporting them.
FRRME want to continue to provide shelter, food, education, fun and hope, with your help. How to make a DONATION to support FRRME:
- If you are a UK resident, you can make a single or regular donation via our website by clicking HERE. You can also set up a standing order and Gift Aid your giving. Regular giving mean we can keep planning ahead, and ensure that the queues for food, medical relief and education needs flow effectively. Together we are making a difference.
- For our American supporters, make your donation HERE to qualify for 501(c)(3) tax-deductible status.
- You can also make a donation to our emergency appeal by clicking HERE.
We would also ask that you prayerfully consider increasing your standing order this month, if one is already in place. Contact our email@example.com.
Thank you for your support,
From the FRRME Team & the Nazarene Church Sunday School.